At Fort Dodge Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, P.C. we make every effort to provide you with the finest care and the most convenient financial options. To accomplish this we work hand-in-hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures. If you have any problems or questions, please ask our staff. They are well informed and here to assist you. They can be reached by phone at Fort Dodge Office Phone Number 515-576-8727.
Please call if you have any questions or concerns regarding your initial visit.
Please bring your insurance information to your first office visit so that we can expedite reimbursement.
- PATIENTS WITH NO INSURANCE: Payment in full is due on the day the services are provided. If requested, an estimated cost can be given; however, exact fees are determined only after the procedure has been completed.
- PATIENTS WITH INSURANCE: At the time of surgery our office will request your estimated co pay or co-insurance amount. This amount will be estimated using information supplied by your insurance company. Please understand it is difficult to determine the exact amount your insurance company will pay due to a variety of reasons and that you are responsible for your total obligation if the insurance benefit is less than anticipated.
- Fort Dodge Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is a participating provider with Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Select First, First Administrators, Associated Benefits, Iowa Medicaid, Blue Dental, Delta Dental and Aetna Dental. All other insurance plans will be processed, however, be aware they probably will be processed at the Out-of-Network, Non-Participating Provider level. Many insurance plans state that you have benefit levels of 50%, 80%, etc of their “usual and customary fees.” Insurance companies use the term “usual and customary” when setting limitations on charges and services, so please be aware that some insurance companies pay a claim percentage based on their “usual and customary fees” and not our actual charges. To determine what portion of your bill may be covered by your insurance, we can (if requested by you) submit a pre-determination, however, this request may take up to four weeks to be processed by the insurance company.
- PATIENTS WITH MEDICARE: Medicare does not cover routine dental care, therefore we have opted out of Medicare. The patient is responsible for the charges at the time of service.
- PATIENTS WITH MEDICAID (TITLE 19): We see Title 19 patients on a referral basis only and only from certain counties. Title 19 patients will be asked to bring their Medicaid card, a photo ID and a $3 co-pay (if over 21).